Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer/Artistic Director
Day rate: £200
Time commitment: 4 days per month
Purpose of the Role:
The Operations Manager will support the operations management of Ballet Black and the development of its strategy and policy; and act as the Secretariat for Board meetings. This role would suit someone who enjoys working proactively, has a logical and systematic approach and excellent communication skills. You will have a genuine commitment to the organisation’s success, values and work. The role will be based in our offices in Marylebone.
Core Duties and Responsibilities: Operations:
– Act as Secretariat for meetings of the Board and its sub committees, liaising with the Chair and CEO/Artistic Director to develop forward meeting schedules, plan agendas, send out notices of meetings, take minutes, and track follow-through on agreed actions.
– Act as main point of contact with Arts Council England and lead on revisions/updates for Company Business Plan
– Maintain Company policies and documents to ensure up-to-date compliance with Charities Commission and Companies House
– Act as Company Secretary if necessary
– Maintaining and developing HR systems, policies, and procedures within the framework of employment legislation and good practice, where applicable
– Manage Board recruitment where necessary, in consultation with the Artistic Director and Chair
– Assist in any other relevant work as directed from time to time
– Carry out all responsibilities within the philosophy and equal opportunities policy of Ballet Black
– Have broad experience of preparing contracts for staff, suppliers and freelance contractors
Qualifications and Experience
– At least 2 years relevant experience
– Good working knowledge of MS word and Excel
– An understanding of the requirements of good governance
– Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
– Experience of working in the Arts or Charitable sector
– Good knowledge of charity compliance and legislation
– Ability to build policies and procedures where required
– A passion for what Ballet Black does
– Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present clear reports to the Trustee Board
– Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to work well with people at all levels
– Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative, managing multiple priorities
– Understanding of financial legislation and Charity Commission regulations
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter with the subject ‘Operations Manager’ to email@example.com
All applications must be received by: 17:00 on Monday 30th March 2020.
Interviews will be held in mid-April.
MERCHANDISE ASSISTANTS (2) for 2020 Barbican Shows
Ballet Black are seeking two enthusiastic merchandise assistants to work on our front of house stall for performances at The Barbican.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist with the successful delivery of first class sales and customer service in line with the style and ethos of Ballet Black.
- To provide a welcoming environment to all visitors for the performance;
- To uphold the highest standard of customer service;
- To sell programmes and other merchandise pre- performance during the interval and post-performance
- To be pro-active in engaging audience members and securing sales to ensure maximum profitability
- To be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- To ensure all cash and stock is kept safely whilst on the premises.
- To adhere to and assist with stock control procedures.
- To be responsible for handling petty cash, taking card payments.
You will not be representing or working for The Barbican Centre.
- Thursday 26 March 18:30pm – c.21:30pm
- Friday 27 March 18:45pm – c.21:30pm
- Saturday 28 March 18:45pm – c.21:30pm
- Sunday 29 March 1:30pm – c.4:15pm
Please notes end times may differ flexibility is required.
You must be available for all dates.
Rate of Pay: £15 per hour.
Location: The Barbican Centre, London
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and Cover Letter and confirmation you are able to work all dates by 15th March 2020.