Ballet Black is Britain’s most diverse and daring ballet company. Not only do we advocate for black and Asian dancers, we are also one of the most prolific commissioners of new work in the country. As part of our Circle of Friends, you will be making a valuable contribution to the sustainability of our small yet hugely significant company, and will be supporting our on-going commitment to dancers, choreographers, and aspiring students from our Junior School and Associate Programme.
Ballet Black is Britain’s most diverse and daring ballet company. Not only do we advocate for black and Asian dancers, we are also one of the most prolific commissioners of new work in the country. As part of our Circle of Friends, you will be making a valuable contribution to the sustainability of our small yet hugely significant company, and will be supporting our on-going commitment to dancers, choreographers, and aspiring students from our Junior School and Associate Programme. Our Friends benefit from a range of exclusive activities, including watching company class, being invited to behind-the-scenes events such as rehearsals or choreographic insights, and an invitation to the annual Company Party.
By joining our Circle of Friends you will become an integral part of Ballet Black’s incredibly exciting future!
Thandie Newton OBE
Patron, Ballet Black
The subscribe options above allow you to join our Friends Circle. You can donate via PayPal, Credit/Debit Card, Direct Debit and BACS.
Please contact us if you have another payment method that would better suit your needs.
Friends Circle Terms and Conditions
- When joining the Friends Circle, you will be required to provide Ballet Black with your full name, email address, telephone number and postal address. We require these details in order to contact you regarding your membership. Your details will not be passed on to any other organisation and will remain on Ballet Black’s records for six years.
- The Friends Circle is based on an annual recurring membership subscription from date of donation (i.e. 18 March 2016 – 18 March 2017) valid for one named individual. Your membership will be automatically renewed on a monthly or annual basis depending on the payment option chosen when joining. You can cancel the auto-renewal in your PayPal account at any time and they provide instructions here. Membership fees are is non-refundable. If you do not wish to subscribe and would prefer to make a one-off payment just let us know via our Contact us page and we will assist you to arrange that.
- Friends membership is based on a minimum 12 month term. We have made it possible to spread the cost of that over 12 equal monthly payments. You will receive the full annual benefits of your chosen friends tier from the date of joining. There is therefore a minimum term of 12 months even if paying on a monthly basis.
- Please be aware that a Junior Friend under 16 years of age will require a guardian/adult with an active Friends Membership to accompany them to a Friends event.
- Any donations made to Ballet Black will be used solely for purposes of the charity and not distributed to any other charity or organisation.
- In accordance with government guidelines, Ballet Black (registered charity 1101599) may claim Gift Aid on Ballet Black Friends Circle membership as the benefit provided to each Friend does not exceed 25% of the donation value. Gift Aid means Ballet Black can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give and it won’t cost you any extra. You can read full guidance from the government here: www.gov.uk/guidance/gift-aid-what-donations-charities-and-cascs-can-claim-on
- Ballet Black is registered charity 1101599 and registered company 04573958. The registered office address is: Austin House 43 Poole Road, Westbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset, England, BH4 9DN