– Reporting to: Artistic Director & Stage Manager
– Time commitment: see below
– Daily rate: £100 per performance, £50 per washing day, £50 per travel day
– Ballet Black are seeking a Wardrobe Manager for their return to touring in Autumn 2021
– Ensure smooth and efficient running of all costume and wardrobe related tasks at the theatre
– Prepare costumes (ironing, laundering, repairing) for each performance as required
– Be available backstage at stage rehearsals and performances to assist with quick changes
– Attend to all repairs or costume alterations
– Ensure costumes are delivered to appropriate dressing rooms or stage manager in time for rehearsals/performances.
– Collecting all items of costume after a performance, ensuring they are packed and returned to flight cases where necessary
– Managing the laundering of costumes between shows.
– Take responsibility for costumes between performances (laundering, necessary repairs) and responsible for bringing costumes to each tour date.
– Management and maintenance of costume and wardrobe stock
– Manage costume storage on tour
– Create costume list and information packs for washing/care
– Maintenance of wardrobe equipment
– Attending occasional staff meetings, rehearsals and other events as required
– Undertaking other duties as may be reasonably required.
– Comply with all COVID-19 guidance, including regular testing, use of PPE etc.
– A minimum of one years’ relevant experience, preferably in a touring environment.
– Experience of working with costumes for dance, or relevant transferable experience.
– Costume construction knowledge and making skills.
– A flexible approach to working (regular evening and weekend working is required)
– Comfortable touring (UK and International)
– Excellent time management skills.
– Ability to work on your own initiative.
– Good interpersonal skills.
– Specialist costuming skills, e.g., knowledge of dyeing, costume construction, hair and make-up, etc
– An interest in the work of Ballet Black.
– A London-based candidate is preferred as this is where the Company is based and our longest theatre runs also take place here.
Confirmed dates (please note that this is frequently added to and should not be considered exhaustive):
– 12th -13th October: The Lowry, Salford (plus travel days)
– 21st October: Watford Palace Theatre (travel same day as performance)
– 26th October: York Theatre Royal (plus travel days)
– 2nd -7th November: Linbury Theatre at the Royal Opera House (includes tech rehearsal)
– 18th November: Festival Theatre, Edinburgh (plus travel days)
– Further dates from March 2022
How to Apply: Please send your CV and Cover letter with the subject ‘Wardrobe Mistress’ to [email protected]
Deadline for Applications: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis 1st of October 2021.