Job Vacancy: Company Administrator
The Company Administrator contributes to the smooth running of our office and provides essential administrative support to the Artistic Director and other staff members, as well as acting as the public’s first point of contact for Ballet Black.
This role offers an interesting and fulfilling opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a strong interest in dance and a passion for the ethos of Ballet Black: to increase access, diversity and equity in the field of ballet. Ballet Black is a very small and accomplished team, and this job would suit an individual who understands the need to pitch in across a variety of tasks and activities and would also offer the chance for the Administrator to take the lead on special projects, such as the Ballet Black Friends Programme, a key fundraising initiative. This position is mainly based in our Marylebone office during the day. Suitable candidates will be flexible about hours and working in the evening or different locations where necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office (opening/sending post, banking).
- Frontline contact for general enquiries (over the phone, voicemails & email).
- Collating press clippings online and in print.
- Website content updates (keeping show listings up to date etc.).
- Coordinating external studio rentals.
- Monitoring & ordering stationery and general office supplies.
- Supporting board meetings by liaising with the board and BB staff.
- Support PR manager with press related activity such as coordinating press tickets/attending press night.
- During key busy times, act as PA to the Artistic Director.
- E-Commerce: managing orders, enquiries, and sales of our online shop, maintaining stock and deliveries
- Assist the Artistic Director in maintaining COVID safety standards where required
- Other duties as required within a small team.
- Responsible for liaising with the Tour Producer and Finance Manager to invoice theatres and billing for other income streams.
- Assist our accountant and bookkeeper with financial/administrative tasks as required.
- Assist in the time-management and preparation of funding reports for Arts Council England and other funding bodies.
- Responsible for maintaining the BB Friends Programme: working with the Artistic Director to plan events, create invitations, organise refreshments etc.
- Assist new company members in applying for National Insurance numbers/Unique Tax References, and DBS certificates as required.
- Assist with visa applications, as required.
BB Junior School & Associate Programme
- Responsible for booking studios and invoicing participants for the BB Junior School and Associate Programme.
- Organise and respond to audition applications and general enquiries relating to the School, in conjunction with the Artistic Director.
- Communicating with parents/guardians etc. as necessary in a friendly and firm manner.
Tour & Performance Support
- Collate information for promotional materials and liaise with theatres for sign-off on copy and images.
- Organise printing and distribution of marketing materials.
- Collect and collate audience data, audience figures and box office reports from each theatre for use in billing and Arts Council reporting.
- Distribute technical specifications and marketing packs to theatres in conjunction with the BB technical manager.
- Liaise with Tour Producer to book logistics of touring, such as travel, accommodation and equipment delivery and pick up.
- Assist the Tour Producer in the collation of information for music rights, PRS and PPL.
- Assist in the preparation and collation of supporting documents for visas and work permits.
- Excellent written English and the ability to communicate with company staff (dancers, teachers, choreographers etc.), board members, and the public, both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to remain calm in a busy environment, with keen attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to work as part of a team and a willingness to pitch in.
- Must hold up-to-date DBS certificate
- Ability to work across many different projects.
- A proactive working style with the ability to work under your own initiative.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Be passionate about Ballet Black’s mission to create greater equity in the field of ballet.
- Flexible attitude, with willingness to work longer hours when needed, particularly during busy production periods.
- Ability to understand budgets and cash flow.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and photo editing is desirable.
- Knowledge of Arts Council reporting is desirable.
- An understanding of Quickbooks is desirable.
Outline of Terms and Conditions
Reports to: Artistic Director/CEO
Job type: full time
Salary: £26,000 pa plus 3% pension contribution after 3-month probationary period has concluded. Job description to be reviewed at the end of a three-month probationary period.
Hours: typically 09:30-17:30, 5 days per week, with flexibility required for evening or weekend work. (No overtime is payable but time off in lieu may be taken).
Annual leave: 25 days including public holidays after the 3-month probationary period has ended.
Notice period: 3 months on either side
Location: Marylebone, London
Ballet Black is an equal opportunities employer and would really like to hear from candidates from the widest range of diversity, culture and experience possible.
Please email our Operations Manager, Mary Caws, with a CV and one page cover letter outlining how you meet the Person Specification by 31st July 2021. If you would like an informal discussion about the position, please contact Mary and this can be arranged.
For any queries, please contact [email protected]