We are holding auditions in New York for new male and female dancers for our 2013/14 season.
Interested applicants should come from a recognised vocational dance school and have a strong classical ballet technique, pointe work and partnering skills. Professional experience is great but not a necessity. We are looking for dancers who are self-motivated, can work as part of our creative team and who will enjoy a challenge!
Contracts run from approximately September 2013 – July 2014 for our touring programme of neo-classical work by Robert Binet, Javier de Frutos, Martin Lawrance, Christopher Marney, Ludovic Ondiviela, Arthur Pita and Sharon Watson.
25th July at 5pm (call back on the 26th of July at 5pm)
Manhattan Movement & Arts Center
Manhattan Youth Ballet
248 West 60th Street
New York, NY 10023
Audition will consist of:
- a 90-minute ballet class (women will need to wear pointe shoes after barre)
- performance of a classical solo, no longer than 2 minutes long. This can be existing repertoire or your own choreography
- learning short pieces of Ballet Black company repertoire
- interview with Artistic Director and Ballet Master
There is no charge for our audition, but you MUST:
- Bring a one page resume with you age, height, nationality, plus training and performance history and references
- Provide ONE current headshot
- Have music for your solo on CD or iPod
Please register at firstname.lastname@example.org by sending your resume, a video link and ONE photograph